About this blog

Incoming BYTES
contains highly variable subject matter including commentary on the mundane, the extraordinary and even controversial issues. At Incoming BYTES
we want YOU to think...if you dare...

Followers

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Charity: Generosity and Kindness is Food for the Soul

Morgidoo's Christmas Carol
 
 Yes, it seems Christmas has rolled around the corner once again.  A few more days of madhouse shopping, presents, parties,  time to enjoy good food, good company, and good times.  
Here at Incoming Bytes  we wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  
We are blessed and fortunate.
How about others?   Let us not forget to give so others less fortunate can also enjoy this holiday. The question is always asked: Do our donations always end up being well used?  Perhaps not, but should that dampen the spirit of giving?  No.
Kindness  never hurts the giver.
For this holiday season and always, there are people on the street that will con others,-- but there are also people on the street in genuine need.
Give generously, God will sort them out. Charity is not only a kindness to those helped, but a kindness to the soul that gives.
Merry Christmas. 
that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! It's good to be reminded of the need for charity.

    Beyond that, I've given up worrying whether someone on the street is trying to con me.

    In the first place, the dollar or two I might give any one panhandler is nothing compared to the amount of money I waste on impulse buys in the grocery store.

    Second, I budget a certain amount -- whatever I can afford -- to be given away on a first come, first served basis. So, I'm not giving away more than I can afford anyway.

    Last, I am not going to add another needless worry to my life by concerning myself with what panhandlers use the money I give them for. If they use it towards drugs or alcohol -- well, that's probably one of the few joys in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul! It is a timely subject, hopefully many, many people will begin practicing what you do --generosity doesn't cost much. Everything is relative --and without fail, acts of kindness and generosity are repaid, one way or the other. Thank you for commenting! Merry Christmas, have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated ! No SPAM allowed.